- Deliveroo has today announced a new tech-driven product Signature, which will help restaurants boost revenues by enabling customers to order food delivery directly from restaurant websites, as well as on the Deliveroo app platform
- Deliveroo is the first UK food delivery platform to build this tech-driven solution across Ireland, the UK the UK, Europe and Asia
- Restaurant partners can now embed Deliveroo's industry-leading delivery experience in their online channels and leverage their own restaurant brand
- This development comes as Deliveroo announces it has 1,800 restaurants on the platform and 16 on-demand grocery partnerships covering 1,000 stores on the Deliveroo app in Ireland*
February 5th 2020: Deliveroo, the leading food-delivery company, has today announced 'Signature', a new tech product which allows restaurant partners to deliver directly from their online channels to customers.
Built and powered by Deliveroo, this new product is the first of its kind across Ireland, the UK, Europe and Asia and means that customers can order meals for delivery directly from their favourite restaurants' websites, while still benefiting from the smooth and reliable experience of Deliveroo's delivery service and customer support.
This new product underscores Deliveroo's position as the leading provider of online food delivery services and is the latest tech-driven solution to help restaurant partners reach valued customers and increase revenue during the Covid-19 pandemic.
This integrated solution, complete with full front-end development offered to restaurants, is particularly beneficial for independent restaurant partners, who otherwise would be unable to develop the technology independently.
The company is the first delivery platform to introduce this tech-driven product in Ireland, the UK, the rest of Europe and Asia, and has already signed-up major partners such as Nando's, as well as local favourites, such as Sano Pizza.
Restaurants who use 'Signature' will:
- Reach new customers: Restaurant partners will be able to reach new customers and develop existing relationships through targeted marketing campaigns. Partners will be able to promote their offering on social media to drive growth and order volumes for themselves, in addition to on Deliveroo channels
- Deepen Customer engagement: Restaurant partners will be able to engage with their most valued and loyal customers directly
- Improve User Experience: The end to end customer experience, which is fully built and developed by Deliveroo, will provide a user-friendly digital platform, supported by leading logistics and technology to enable customers to get their food quickly and safely
Paddy Quinlan, Growth Manager at Deliveroo Ireland said: "Deliveroo is committed to supporting restaurants through this pandemic. This new product will help restaurants reach many more consumers while substantially improving the already market-leading Deliveroo customer experience. This exciting new product for Ireland is particularly important given the current situation, and is in addition to other support measures we have developed to help all restaurants, particularly small, independents that are the lifeblood of the industry and the high street."
*On demand grocery partnerships, which allow customers to have groceries delivered through the app cover a range of well known shops throughout the country including;
Aldi - Dublin, Cork, Limerick
Fallon & Byrne Food Hall - Dublin
Herlihy's Centra - Cork
Londis - Dublin
Mace - Limerick, Dublin
Spar - Dublin, Cork