- Orders surged by 159% across the country at lunch, as fragile Irish people woke up and turned to Deliveroo to help them with the morning after
Deliveroo just hit a record-breaking number of orders, as NYE party-goers all over Ireland turned to their favourite takeaways yesterday as an antidote for their late-night antics. January 1st 2019 saw orders jump 159% across the country, seeing more orders placed in a single day than ever before.
Topping the list as one of the hungriest cities this New Year's Day was Dublin, where order volumes almost doubled as locals turned to comfort food to cure their heavy heads.
Deliveroo has revealed the top meal choices for hungry people across Ireland yesterday, from local favourites available on the food delivery platform.
1) Bacon Cheeseburger from Five Guys, Dublin
2) Burrito from Burritos & Blues, Cork
3) Doner Kebab from Abrakebabra, Limerick
4) Spice Bag from Xian Street Food, Galway
5) Steak Burger from Build-a-Burger, Belfast
Joe Groves at Deliveroo said "With the turn of the year, comes the turn of the takeaway, as people across the country trade in their turkey dinners and mulled wine for a cheesy burger and chips to heal their heavy heads. Here at Deliveroo, we're glad the people made the most of the great selection of New Year's nourishment available on the app."